Going around the various forums, one of the common questions I see, is “what fields should I have?” when setting up a GPS computer.
I’d previously done this type of post for my garmin so I’d thought I’d do one for the screens on my elemnt.
The first page is pretty much on screen most of the time. It contains all the critical information.
- W 5 sec, this simply shows my 5 second average power.
- KPH, is my current speed. I’ve found d myself looking at power more than speed recently, so speed is relegated to second field.
- BPM, current heart rate I have my heart rate zones displayed on the left hand LED display.
- RPM, my current cadence
- KM, Distance travelled
- Elevation, current elevation above sea-level.
- DEG-C current temperature
I don’t need much else on that screen. Using the zoom function on the elemnt, the 4 top items are the ones that are most important and on screen in a zoom state.
The climbing screen is pretty much the default. I think I just added RPM and BPM datafields.
There is the default Elevation display at the bottom of the screen.
Similar to the Main screen, this screen shows all the important metrics, along with a KM to go display for the currently loaded course and a ride time display too. As the Elemnt lacks the timed course feature on the Garmin, we have to remember the time we are out to beat and do it manually.