My new see.sense ace lights have arrived!
First thoughts are how small and light they are. I knew they’d be smaller than the Icon+, but they are seriously dinky.
Currently on their first charge, so it’ll be awhile until I can use them, but I’m really looking forward to trying them.
I’ll post a more in-depth write up after I’ve used them a few times.
I went out the other day for a ride. Only the second ride for a good few months, and still had the dry lube on. I’d applied squirt lube, and this ride was very wet. I mean it wasn’t just a bit wet, it was properly chucking it down. I’d not had reason to think of the lube during the ride.
Gear shifts where remaining crisp and even, chain noise wasn’t an issue. I’d heard that Squirt was a good lube even in the damp, and this certainly was a wet ride.
Getting home, I dried off the bike, and did the ritual of spraying the derailers with GT-85, and running the chain through a rag to dry it off, the lube had gone a little runny with the rain, but it was still there doing its job.
Squirt really is a great lube and well worth the cost. It is however time to change back to the wet lube now the winter is here…
For a while was trying to get steps as a main goal. This isn’t working for me. So I had a think, and decided active minutes was a much better goal.
There was an article recently about the origin of 10k steps: as I recall, it came from a doctor in Japan encouraging office workers to get up from their work desks and get some exercise. There was no basis for 10k, it was simply a target to increase movement.
I believe the idea is to get 60 minutes of total exercise daily. As that’s based on your average resting heart rate, the more you exercise, the more you’ll need to be active to get to the 60 minutes goal over time.
Your Fitbit tracks exercise minutes. Get it up to 60 or more!
I picked up my trusty Nikon for the first time in ages, and headed out to the deer park at Studley Royal.
I thought the deer may of started rutting. They hadn’t, but I found a few deer, and they where play fighting for a while.
I had mounted my longest zoom, mounted it on a monopod as the weight of the lens and camera make hand holding almost impossible.
I think this image worked better in B&W, I had difficulty getting the exposure, as they where sat under a large oak, giving plenty of shade.
After cleaning off my drive chain, I’d decided to try a different dry lube.
Normally, my dry lube of choice is Squirt. An issue I had with squirt is one of muck,although the drive chain stays cleaner as a whole with dry lube, squirt tends to bunch up in areas with a thick mucky gloop. This often needs poking out from the chainring and jockey wheels. When dry Squirt leaves the chain slightly sticky. Rock N roll gold drys completly dry. No sticky feeling on the chain.
The proof however will be in the ride, which I’m planning a little later today. Will shifts be as crisp with this as they where with squirt? Will chain noise be evident? Only one way to find out!
Tired of seeing Chinese IP addresses in my server logs trying SSH access, I decided to completly block it off.
Easy way todo this? Yup.
cd /home/michael/System\ Scripts/Sineo_IPTABLES_Block/
sed -i 's/INPUT/SINEO/g' /home/michael/System\ Scripts/Sineo_IPTABLES_Block/rc.firewall.sinokorea
sed -i '/iptables -A SINEO -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT/d' /home/michael/System\ Scripts/Sineo_IPTABLES_Block/rc.firewall.sinokorea
chmod +x /home/michael/System\ Scripts/Sineo_IPTABLES_Block/rc.firewall.sinokorea
sudo /home/michael/System\ Scripts/Sineo_IPTABLES_Block/rc.firewall.sinokorea
This will download a formatted list of chinese and Korean IP addresses, change the iptables chain to point to a new chain rather than the input chain, remove the now pointless established rule, and install the chain. Obviously, change the file paths to suit your structure.
It will however, require root to install the chain.
The back pain saga continues. The last week, it’s been almost unbearable. When it starts I can barely get 2 miles before I have to stop and stretch it out.
I’ve played with saddle setback and height, neither seemed to help in any great way. So I’m going to try a change in stem length to see if I’m too cramped on the bike. I’ve ordered a set of 80,100 and 110mm stems to try. Hopefully, an extra 10mm will help.
Currently I’m running a 90mm stem. So maybe that extra reach might put my back in a better line. I do also need to lose some weight, and improve my core.
There was a time where my right leg would get tired quicker than my left, so maybe I’ve started to compensate with out realising for a leg length issue. When I was in speedplay cleats, I had to install a wedge in the shoe to avoid foot pain. So I guess there maybe more issues to work out than just stem length.
But let’s wait and see how a different stem feels and go from there.